LEAP – the risk and opportunity assessment approach: Prepare to Respond and Report
Logged in users can personalise Framework guidance and recommendations by setting user preferences. Please consider logging in or creating an account to customise your preferences.
LLocate The interface with nature
EEvaluate Priority dependencies and impacts
AAssess Material risks and opportunities
PPrepare To respond and report
Phase 4: PREPARE to respond and report
Having completed the first three phases of the LEAP approach, analysts should be ready to provide an integrated assessment of material nature-related risks and opportunities to company executives. This includes advice about the market disclosure of nature-related risks in accordance with the TNFD draft disclosure recommendations.
- P1: Strategy and resource allocation – What risk management, strategy and resource allocation decisions should be made as a result of this analysis?
- P2: Performance management – How will we set targets and define and measure progress?
- P3: Reporting – What will we disclose in line with the TNFD disclosure recommendations?
- P4: Presentation – Where and how do we present our nature-related disclosures?
Internal and External Tools to Support your analysis
- TNFD Draft Disclosure Recommendations
- SBTN guidance on target setting, monitoring and evaluation
- Standards body guidance on disclosure presentation
Suggested outputs from the PREPARE Phase
- Integrated disclosure of nature-related risks and opportunities in line with the TNFD draft disclosure recommendations.